This very particular set of playing cards include one card for each province of the Russian Empire (as it was in 1856). The cards are flashy snapshots of the provinces they represent. This one tells us all sorts of interesting things about Kamchatka.
Really! It does! Such as...
- The region is home to volcanoes and hot springs.
- Its peaks are covered in "eternal snows."
- Its climate is "severe" and unsuitable for agriculture.
- Its economy is driven by fishing and hunting and timber.
- The peninsula is inhabited by Yakuts, Tungus, Buryats, Lamuts, Koryaks, and Yukagirs.
- The local capital, Nizhne Kamchatsk, is 12,834 versts (8,507 miles) from the imperial capital of St. Petersburg.